On the long, long list of interesting people I want to talk to about getting smarter and making things, my friend and former coworker (and boss) Russ Olsen is definitely up near the top list. We have many times driven down to Durham, North Carolina together, as we both work there and live relatively close to each other in the Washington, D.C. area. The drive takes five or six hours each way, but the time always flies by for me since Russ is such a fascinating and intelligent guy. I feel like this episode absolutely captures the flavor of those conversations. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed recording it!
As always, feel free to leave a comment letting me know what you thought. And if you feel like sharing the show with someone you think might like it, I’d appreciate it.
Links and Notes
- Russ’s website
- The Cognicast, the podcast I used to host and that Russ still produces
- The Cognicast episode with Russ’s favorite cover
- The ESP 32 microcontroller
- FreeRTOS, a realtime operating system –
- Russ’s books
- Russ’s amazing talk, To the Moon
- The Bergisson G Seat
- The Ergodox keyboard
- The DIY Bass guitar kit I built
- Torsion box
This episode is also available on YouTube. View it there for a transcript and subtitles.